Caravans 1978 online dating
In 1945 307 and 85 Squadrons flew from RAF Castle Camps in Mosquitos but the station now closed down in January 1946.
Honington remained as HQ for the American VIII AF Fighter Command until 26th February 1946.
The Gliding School of the ATC would move to RAF Honington.
On 6th January 1946, Arthur Boreham was posted to the 3rd Infantry Training Centre at Bury St Edmunds.
The 1946 Housing Act greatly increased the subsidy available to local authorities, and they were allowed to borrow from the Public Works Loan Board, or PWLB, who could provide loans at below normal market rates.
This was a considerable incentive for local authorities to build more houses.
In September 1946 Stradishall reverted to 3 Group and five squadrons of Lancasters were based here until February 1949.
In April 1946 Numbers 149 and 207 Squadrons had arrived at RAF Tuddenham, although only on half strength.
The RAF left Newmarket Heath in Summer 1945 but after 1946 light aircraft continued to deliver people to the races at this airstrip.
RAF equipment was on show, together with some captured enemy ordnance, including a V-1 flying bomb.
Proceeds were donated to St Dunstan's Hostel for the Blind.
This meant that of the 122 bases of the Mighty Eighth, it was the last to be vacated.
In March 1946 RAF Transport Command moved in at Honington, and the base would become crucial to the Berlin Airlift of 1948-49.